• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

CO2 Prices

brewit

Apprentice
Reaction score
I was just wondering what price other brewers are paying to exchange there five lbs. c02 tanks. I just paid  $28.50 in New Hampshire.

About the same here in Silicon Valley.  I go to a weed supply sho.. err...  hydroponics store.  I pay $25 of 5lb or $30 for 20lb.

If I go to AirGas it costs me almost twice as much as my LHBS.

I've done exchanges only at my LHBS who charges $16 for a 5-lb cylinder exchange.  Then again, I am on the bottom of NH instead of near the top.

Virginia Beach.

$20ish for 20 pound tank.
$15 for Hydro when needed.

I just have 2 20 pounders. One is my "main" tank. The other is my backup and transfer/welding/cask beer breather tank.

jtoots said:
5 lbs for $17 at a welding shop in South Boston

Not bad lol, my  HB shop does it for $10 if you return the cannisters back, then they give you a full one and refill the old one.

In Northwest IN it's $20 at the lhbs or there is a paintball store that will fill my 5 lb tank for $12, it only takes about 5 min to fill it and I get my nice aluminum tank back instead of a rusty pos steel tank

Back