• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Pocket PC Version

R

recklessop

So i recently bought an HP iPAQ and have been keeping notes on my brewing on it, and i have used beersmith before... so my question is what are the chances that there is software out there for a pocket pc that is like beer smith.... i wouldnt need anything as powerful as beer smith. just something that i can keep track of recipes on and take notes about the recipes that im brewing

Any suggestions?

i guess i should note that i have developed programs in Visual Studio C++ and starting c# so i would be willing to help develop something if others are interested

Hi,

Just another user here. I have myself:
-Nokia N800
-PocketPC

Do you really want a Beersmith on the PPC... or do you just want the ability to easily VIEW your recipies the PPC (meaning they're entered using the PC)
And perhaps merge notes from the PPC to the main program?

Those 2 things are all I want, so I can leave my laptop behind and brew with a hand-held.
Look around, and you'll see a few threads requesting this. That might be your best hope.

If you're at all development minded, you could port qBrew or Brewer's Little Helper over to PocketPC. Both of these apps are less featured, but open source.

You can output your file to HTML and view it on your iPaq.

I've done that--it's pretty cool because there's even a title page and you can click on your recipe when you are making your ingredient run or brewing.

It DOES NOT accommodate taking notes, so maybe do that in your notepad and copy and paste them on your main computer.

Not perfect, but pretty darned good, and it gets the job done!  :)

Back