• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Just A Little Idea I Came Up With :)

Ck27

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
So I'm just trying to come up with ways to spice up the forum and get people to interact more and I guess have some time on my hands so I wanted to post an idea that I thought of.

So what I was considering was doing something along the lines of the following I'll start the thread posting a recipe, then someone comes along and says they will brew it and then they have to post a recipe and so forth. The chain will continue untill Christmas of this year. We will then if everyone's up for it (amongst those who want to) do a beer exchange I just thought it would be something fun.

You can post recipies both as beersmith files or just directly typing them. You must include any mash temps, water additions etc that you recommend.

So for my recipe since I'm on phone type it:
English IPA

11 Pounds English pale ale malt or Maris Otter. Crisp Malt Preferred.
1.0 pound Crystal 40L or 45L Thomas Fawcett Preferred.
8 Ounces Biscuit Malt.

Mash in at 154F for 60 Minutes, Target OG should be 1.060-1.068.
EST FG should be 1.012-1.018.

Hops:
1.0 ounce Target @ 60 Minutes
0.50 Ounce East Kent @ 30 Minutes
0.50 Ounce East Kent @ 15 Minutes
1.00 Ounce Fuggle @ 5 Minutes

Chill down and ferment with WLP023 Burton Ale or Mangrove Jack's Liberty Bell Ale.

Water profile is up to you I personally use bottled water for this beer Crystal Geyser.

Target IBU 60
Est alcohol 6.2-6.8
Target SRM 9

If you have any further Questions please let me know.

not a bad idea. i may have to take you up on this. basically this would be a online homebrew club...

Brewer_James14 said:
not a bad idea. i may have to take you up on this. basically this would be a online homebrew club...

in a sense yes, I just wanted to have a bit of fun, and give people something fun to look forward to, and just share in our mutual love of beer :).

My local homebrew club does something similar.  Although, we each brew our version of a holiday beer.  We then have a party after the first of the year, where each of us gets two bottles of each holiday beer.  My beer this past year was a Wee Heavy.  The year before, I made a Tropical Stout (tasted like an Almond Joy Candy Bar).

Scott Ickes said:
My local homebrew club does something similar.  Although, we each brew our version of a holiday beer.  We then have a party after the first of the year, where each of us gets two bottles of each holiday beer.  My beer this past year was a Wee Heavy.  The year before, I made a Tropical Stout (tasted like an Almond Joy Candy Bar).

Sounds like a interesting beer :). Haha. I haven't had a tropical stout but I have made a tropical IPA and it was great.

We do a kinda similar thing at my local club in December. People can buy or brew beer then we exchange it and whatnot. I got a nice bottle of Firestone Parabola stout.

Back