• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Imported .bsmx - lost all modifications

sneakybrewz

Apprentice
Reaction score
So yeah... I created a recipe at work and exported it into a .bsmx file. Went home and did modifications on the file. Left Beersmith opened, cane come brew day, took important notes and saved the file numerous time.

So, the day after my brew day, what I surprise I got when I opened Beersmith and realized that Beersmith not only did not save the file in my recipes, but it didn't seem to save anything either on the .bsmx file I imported!!!!

I lost all my notes and now have no idea of what I had noted on brew day. Yeah of course, I was enjoying beer while brewing  ;) 8)

Got two questions:

1- Why didn't it save at all on the file?
2- Are there any temp files created anywhere where I could recover my notes? :(

Thanks everyone!

Hmm.. I might have answered my own question... There seems to be an "Archive" folder in my documents/beersmith

Does this also backup imported files?

Thanks

If you Saved using the icon in the upper right of the tab window, then it definitely saved. If you exited the recipe by clicking the "Ok" icon, then it definitely saved.

If you saved the unmodified recipe, then continued to use your original source (like the cloud) then the copy never got modified.

Yes, the archive will have every change saved. You can pick from any in that timeline and it will represent what you did up to that point.

Good news! I was able to recover my notes from the archives! Thank god!

Back