• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith on Apple Mac OS

Brad,

I'm a Mac-only user, and really like what I've seen of Beersmith photos/videos over other alternative software.  Is a Mac beta in the nearish future going to be a reality?  Any rough ETA?

Thanks!

Brad - for what its worth, once its available on a mac, I'll be a customer.  Thanks for putting all the hard work into it.  Also, if you're looking for a beta tester, I'm happy to help.  I'm a new brewer, but I'm also in the software business.  Happy to help put it through its paces.  Thanks again.  -John

Still working on it - though I've been flooded with questions about the Mac version lately!  I'm close to a beta release, though at the moment I think I have enough volunteers for the beta round.

I'll set a release date once we're into testing.

Cheers,
Brad

I just bought the PC version yesterday (keeping a PC barely alive just for Beersmith).. so... I hope we have an "upgrade" version and "pricing"..... 

I just installed BeerSmith with Wine running and it worked.  I think  you have to check a few boxes in the Wine Gadgets window, but am not sure which ones exactly.

Hi Brad,
Will Beersmith for mac (could be called iBeerSmith) be availavle on the App Store or through your web page?

Cheers,
Tom

P.S. Another maccy looking forward to the release.

Tom,
Initially on the web site though I am looking at adding it to the app store once I get through the main release cycle.

Brad

Good news,
  BeerSmith 2 for the Mac is in beta testing now - a few select people are working with it as we debug and clean it up before release.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Good news,
  BeerSmith 2 for the Mac is in beta testing now - a few select people are working with it as we debug and clean it up before release.

Brad

good news that is!

still willing to test if you need more help Brad, let me know.

good news that is!

still willing to test if you need more help Brad, let me know.

Likewise here.  Would also love any sort of notification sent my way once it is ready to go live.  Have been holding off purchasing, since I really don't like launching my Windows clone software! :)

Hi,
  If the two of you would drop me a direct email at beersmith (at my beersmith.com domain) - I will add you both to the (now pretty large) group of testers.

Note to everyone else - please don't bombard me with requests - I have enough testers at the moment!

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Note to everyone else - please don't bombard me with requests - I have enough testers at the moment!

Brad

Brad, now that it's in a decently wide beta, any ETA on the release?  I'm running BeerSmith under Wine on Mac OS X right now, but I'd love to get my hands on the native version with the new UI and feature enhancements!

As always, thanks for the great work!

Long time user of ProMash but have given up on PC and moved to Mac.  Just saw BeerSmith on a colleague's PC and it looks great.  When do you think BeerSmith will be ready to sell to Mac brewers?

Thanks!

May I purchase beersmith for mac - the beta I mean - and then upgrade to the official release when it is released?  I know you don't need beta testers...but I don't mind putting up with bugs for a while! 

Thanks Brad,

Nice to have your Beersmith 2 on running on the Mac natively! It's looking better than ever. I have started to import the Windows Beersmith 1 beers and ingredients. I really like the new tabbed/windowed options. Looks great on multiple screens. I really hope you can get the remaining issues resolved for the Mac. We had like to help where possible from our end.

Way to go Brad!

Cheers,
Jurgen

Thanks,
  I will be releasing a patch this week for the most critical bugs.  It will be available from the main download page.  You can install it right over your existing application - as the data is stored separately in your Documents directory.

After that I'm going to work off the many smaller items people want changed.

Brad

Back