• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Nearly all of my recipies and brewing logs gone!

Waldner

Brewer
Reaction score
I'm not sure what's going on but I'm seeing similar posts so this appears to be a bigger problem than just with my software. I started BeerSmith today and I only have recipes from 2010 and logs from 2015 for some reason. I usually start a new folder each year for my recipes but 2011 - 2018 have vanished. I have no brewing logs anymore past 2015 either. All of my stuff appears to have been deleted or is not showing after that date. Anyone have any suggestions on why this has occurred and how to correct it? Thanks

I just tried copying my backup directory on my server over to my laptop which backs up everything every couple of days, renamed the non-functioning BeerSmith2 directory and pasted the backup as the new BeerSmith2 directory and it still did not work. This leads me to believe it is an issue with the actual program and not my BeerSmith2 files themselves. Any suggestions on how to proceed to restore all of my recipes and logs?

I was able to finally locate an archive file that seemed to contain most of my data/recipes from over the years. I restored it through BeerSmith and am moving forward. I'm not sure what caused this though as this program has been very reliable to me over the many years eight years I've used it.

Back