• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

feasability analysis - Microbrewery in Montreal

Need some experts as you to answer these questions please

• What is the initial investment required for the equipment of that brewing process (500 liters by bre

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is the initial investment required for malting process equipment (1 malting tank and 1 drying e

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

maxheros

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My project consist in the creation of a microbrewery in Montreal (Canada). We have to evaluate the feasibility of this beer production project but we do not have any relevant data on the internet. That's why I write you in this forum to benefit from your expertise in brewing.

Production to be achieved: 500 liters for each brewing.
The range of beers produced would consist of six beers:
? A blonde (33 and 70 cl)
? Amber (33 and 70 cl)
? A brunette (33 and 70 cl)

This project is part of a masters course at an engineering school in Montreal (CANADA). Please send your answers on this email (my preference) or directly on the forum: [email protected]

Please answer all questions with accuracy and do not hesitate to ask me questions if you need more details.
My questions are as follows:

1- Given that the production will be 500 liters per brewing how much time do you estimate a production brewing (in days)?

2- What is the initial investment required for the equipment of that brewing process?

3- What is the required area for the equipment of that brewing process?

4- What is the initial investment required for malting process equipment (1 malting tank and 1 drying equipment)?

5- What is the required area for the equipment of the malting process?

6- Can you estimate the required amount of the following ingredients for each brewing (in kilograms)?
- Malt
- Hops
- the yeast

7- What is the monthly frequency supply of raw materials?

8- How much do you estimate the annual net revenue (if all beer bottles are sold) ?

9- How much do you estimate the cost of ingredients per year?

10- What would be the TRAM for such a project?

11- How many people will be needed for :
- Production
- Storage and distribution
- Management and coordination

12- How much do you estimate the following annual expenses / expenses:
- Production
- Raw materials
13- How much will it take for insurance?

14- What will my customers be?

15- How much do you estimate advertising costs (in order to be known or famous) ?

16- What is the state of this industry? (growing? Decreasing? ? )

17- What forecast can you make for this market for the next 5 years (in %)?

I would recommend contacting the Brewers Association.  They have many resources to help people start breweries and some books which will walk you through the process step-by-step.  Granted most are geared towards the US market, but the same resources and requirements would most likely be needed in Canada.

Back