• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipes from BYOY Magazine

Pd23322

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My question concerns the recipes from Brew Your Own Magazine. Are they (the ones published) available already to use via the Beer Smith Program? or do I need to add them into the data base as my own recipes?

Thank You in advance...

Brew On

I don't see it in the add on menu, so guess it isn't available.

I added them myself too...key is that they use 65% efficiency, so enter with that and then scale the recipe to your system.

Hello Everyone,

My question concerns the recipes from Brew Your Own Magazine. Are they (the ones published) available already to use via the Beer Smith Program? or do I need to add them into the data base as my own recipes?

Thank You in advance...

Brew On polished concrete Corpus Christi
Typically, recipes published in magazines or books are not automatically included in brewing software programs like Beer Smith. Beer Smith has its own extensive database of recipes, but it's possible that some recipes from Brew Your Own Magazine may not be included.
If you want to use a specific recipe from Brew Your Own Magazine in Beer Smith, you have a few options:
  1. Manually enter the recipe: If the recipe is not already included in the Beer Smith database, you can manually enter the ingredients, quantities, and other details to create the recipe in Beer Smith as your own.
  2. Adapt an existing recipe: If there is a similar recipe already available in Beer Smith, you can use it as a starting point and modify it based on the recipe from Brew Your Own Magazine. This way, you can save time by not entering all the ingredients from scratch.
  3. Import a custom recipe file: If Brew Your Own Magazine provides recipe files in a compatible format (e.g., Beer XML), you may be able to import those files directly into Beer Smith. Check if the magazine or the Beer Smith website offers any resources or instructions on importing custom recipe files.
To ensure accuracy, it's a good practice to double-check the details of the recipe and make any necessary adjustments during the manual entry or adaptation process. This way, you can tailor the recipe to your specific brewing setup and preferences.
If you have access to the Brew Your Own Magazine website or the Beer Smith support resources, it's worth checking if they provide any specific guidance or tools for incorporating Brew Your Own Magazine recipes into the Beer Smith Program.
Remember that recipe copyrights and usage permissions may vary, so it's important to respect any restrictions or guidelines provided by Brew Your Own Magazine or the Beer Smith Program regarding the use of their content.
Consider reaching out to Brew Your Own Magazine or the Beer Smith support team directly for more precise information on recipe availability and compatibility.

Back