• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Batch Size

ipscman

Apprentice
Reaction score
This number is the same in the RECIPE view and in the EQUIPMENT view, i.e., changing one screen automatically changes the other.

a) HELP in the RECIPE view seems to indicate "Batch Size" refers to the "final volume of beer."

b) HELP in the EQUIPMENT view seems to indicate it is the volume for "the fermenting bucket."

The latter will lose some volume after fermentation is over in the trub.

QUESTION: In the RECIPE view, am I entering the volume amount before or after fermentation?  This changes all of the other equations in the recipe.

Thanks to one and all. My first AG starts soon.

Mark

I assume it is pre-fermentation size. I size my recipes for 5 1/2 gal because I plan to lose at least 1/2 gal to the bottom of the fermenter. By the time I secondary I usually end up with about 50 12oz bottles.

Makes sense. I thought going to the SAMPLE recipes would help but they were all over the map - some using 5 gallons there, some 5.5, some 6 etc. I suspect I'm not the only one who has been confused by this. I'll go ahead with it as pre-fermenter unless I hear otherwise from THE MAN himself.

THANKS.

Back