• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Versioning. Actually make it do something?

redbone

Brewer
Reaction score
I know this topic has been visited before, but I don't recall finalization of it.  Please let me know if I've missed the boat.

Has it been discussed that version, date, and locked button could all actually intertwine and be connected?

ie, brew a beer on 1/1/2018 with version 1.0.  I want to brew another one on 5/1/2018 that may or may not have any changes.  Why not just lock the current recipe when you increase version number and then allow a date change to whatever.  This way you could click back in time on version number and see changes/dates of previously brewed beers while retaining that locked option so no modifications are made unless you unlock.

Thoughts?  Seems like a nice way to let those 3 options work with each other to actually do something beneficial.

Back