• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Label removal

ml2brew

Brewer
Reaction score
I just discoverd something that works very well for label removal and without the stink of ammonia.  I tried so many house hold kitchen cleaners and eventually moved to my wife's laundry chemicals.  She has a stain booster called Biz.  A scoop of this in the sink with some warm water and about a 1 hr. soak and I litteraly had labels falling off.  The most work was taking a dish rag and wiping off the small amount of adhesive that was left behind.  I have also read of other guys using oxiclean but I have never tried that.

I've always used oxyclean. A scoopfull in my LARGE plastic bucket and about 10 - 15 gallons of water. Soak the bottles overnight and the labels fall off and then maybe a swipe with a scotch pad to remove any adhesive residue. I usually do a case or two at a time that way.

Back