• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

No Auto Update for BeerSmith 2 to 3

foghat

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I tried to update BS 2 to 3 and the software stated:

But I have Platinum.  Do I have to do a full complete download and host two software version?  Will my BS 2 data roll over to BS 3?  Select the image below to read it.

Thank you.. Why would BS 2 state I have the current version when BS 3 is available?

I choose not to "auto update" version 2 users because many people wish to continue using Beersmith2 and also BeerSmith 3 is a paid update.

I will be sending emails to the email list shortly announcing the release of BeerSmith 3, and may also post an update to BeerSmith 2 with some minor fixes and an announcement about BeerSmith 3 so people know the new version is out.

Brad

foghat said:
Thank you.. Why would BS 2 state I have the current version when BS 3 is available?

Because version 2 and version 3 are different. The item you clicked in your BS2 is for software upgrades within version 2. BS3 is a completely separate program with new download and installation required. And worth it to imho.

Back