• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BS3 XML Tags Not Working

dongordon

Apprentice
Reaction score
Really like the new water additions. This is perfect and thanks for adding it.

My custom reports seem to be busted. It appears the "table driven" XML labels are not working, examples,  $MASH_INGREDIENTS, $WATER_PREP, etc. Here's an example of what comes out in the report for $MASH_INGREDIENTS. Notice no nice neat table - just text.

Amt Name Type # %/IBU Volume 8.0 oz Rice Hulls (0.0 SRM) Adjunct 7 4.3 % 0.06 gal 5 lbs White Wheat Malt (2.4 SRM) Grain 8 42.6 % 0.39 gal 4 lbs 12.0 oz Pilsner (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 9 40.4 % 0.37 gal 1 lbs Caramunich Malt (56.0 SRM) Grain 10 8.5 % 0.08 gal 8.0 oz Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 11 4.3 % 0.04 gal 13.00 g Calcium Chloride (Sparge) Water Agent 12 - - 7.00 g Epsom Salt (MgSO4) (Sparge) Water Agent 13 - -

Being a reasonable HTML guy, I looked at your report for Brew Steps and see you've gone to some type of internal HTML generator and don't use a report template. Each of the items are coded out with a new BeerSmithTable HTML Class.

How do you use the XML tables ($MASH_INGREDIENTS) to get a table built in BS3 or how do I build a BeerSmithTable HTML Class and reference the list of data, mash ingredients in this example?

Thanks for the help!!!!
Don

Wondering the same thing... I have a custom report ("mjj.htm") at <C:\Users\markj\Documents\BeerSmith3\Reports> in which $MASH_INGREDIENTS spits out the text for the headers and column data, but without ANY HTML code.

FWIW... if I copy my mjj.htm to <C:\Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith3\Reports> and rename to NewBrewsheet.htm (after saving a copy of NewBrewsheet.htm, of course), then the custom report works.

It appears that custom reports in <C:\Users\markj\Documents\BeerSmith3\Reports> does not generate the correct HTML for $MASH_INGREDIENTS.

Back