Brewing Topics > Reviews

Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher

(1/2) > >>

Beer_Tigger:
Wow, I can't emphasize enough how much this book has helped open my eyes to brewing.

On a scale of 1 - 10, this is definitely a 10.

It is a very interesting read with plenty of colorful beer history and a good sense of humor.  There are many recopies and recipe ideas that take you off the beaten path and allow your creative mind to wander.  It makes a great gift for any brewer, all grain or extract.  Ask for it for your birthday!

UselessBrewing:
Agreed, it is a Must Have in the beer library. I made the Kotbüsser from this book that was really good!

Kotbüsser: Traditional brew from the region (county, province) of Germany now called "Cotbuss". Was behind Iron Curtain for a lot of the 20th century. Part wheat, part barley, part oats. Should have a head to eat with a spoon, with a sluggable beer under it. Should go great with Roquefort cheese, most berry based deserts, many smoked meats. Illegal to brew after Rheinheitsgebot 2° oats, wheat, small amounts of honey and molasses.

Guess I should try some of the other recipes...

Cheers
Preston

SOGOAK:
Yea I am almost done with the book too.  I think it is great. From what I hear, the recipes work out well.  I like that he gives the tools to design your own along each style.

JSherm:
I just purchased this book after reading about it on this thread.... What a great book! 

I am not a big reader, but am already on page 50 after opening the book (believe me, this is good for me).  I briefly skimmed the book prior to beginning the read... it is definitely radical...  I cannot wait to try the Nirvana Chanterelle Ale (using fresh Chanterelle Mushrooms).... I know, sounds weird to me too - I have to though, my wife is a wild mushroom hunter and forages for Chanterelles a couple times a month (during the Chanterelle season)!!

I recommend this book to every Home Brew Library!

JSherm

BeerSmith:
I'm actually going to feature an interview I did with Randy Mosher on the blog this week - Radical Brewing is one of my favorites too!

Brad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version