• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Bottling after fining

robininski

Brewer
Reaction score
Will fining, say with gelatin 3-5 days before bottling affect the carbonation of the finished beer? Or will there still be a sufficient amount of yeast to do the job?

robininski said:
Will fining, say with gelatin 3-5 days before bottling affect the carbonation of the finished beer? Or will there still be a sufficient amount of yeast to do the job?
There is still yeast in there, but very very little. Carbonation will take a very long time. I only use Gelatin when I keg, but for bottle conditioning, I use Irish Moss in the boil.
Cheers
Preston

Thanks, that is sort of what we figured and was really wanting to hear it from some one else. The gelatin seemed to really strip the yeast and clear the beer, almost polished like. So, we were afraid of putting any of it into bottles at all. We shall now put the entire 10 gallon batch into two kegs.

BEERSMITH is AWSOME!!!

Back