• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't add inventory to the cloud

Exit12Brewery_Nick

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey all!

Brand new BeerSmith user here (just bought it today). My cousin & I brew together and loved the cloud utilization in our old program (BrewersFriend). We're having trouble with V3 of this software in loading our ingredient additions to the cloud so we can share them with one another. We have malt from a local maltster and would love to add the ingredients & details to share w/ one another.

Thanks for the help!

Any word on this feature?  I want to upgrade to BS3 but I think I only will if this is a feature.

I would love to be able to do this.  I have a computer in the brewery and one in my office that is off site.  It would make my life so much easier if I could control the inventory from either location.  Any word on when this will be coming, or should I just find another way to manage inventory?

create the ingredient, put it into a recipe, share the recipe via the cloud, save the ingredient from the recipe to the target computer.

easy peasy.

as far as "controlling inventory" as in, removing an item from inventory on one device and it being removed from all devices, i don't think there's a way to do that quite yet.

honestly i don't see much use for it, other than creating a shopping list on the go perhaps? I always have my main computer with my inventory when i'm brewing, so there's no reason to adjust my inventory from another device.

"Controlling inventory" via the "cloud" is almost essential for me... I like to build a plan on a desktop, then brew with laptop and/or smartphone. Finding out I didn't have an ingredient in stock because I didn't adjust the inventory on all platforms is a hair-puller.
I know it's not easy to build that on this platform as opposed to a web-based, but for me inventory tracking is important. I'd like to continue using BeerSmith so I hope it gets implemented.

Back