• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 3 Mobile Data Loss

Thehorn

Apprentice
Reaction score
I've lost a lot if recipes. I'm using Android. How do I recover them? Brad has told me to back up my remaining recipes but the back up system doesn't allow more than 15 recipes. He's not given a solution yet on how to fix it and recover the lost data. So frustrating!
I've just sent some recipes to the cloud, but every time I do that, the recipe I'm moving overwrites another recipe. So as fast as I'm moving them I'm losing them.

I apologize - I had a bug in the "Move/Copy" code in BeerSmith mobile.  I only found the solution this morning, and it looks like the Move function in particular can create data loss issues.

I have a fix 3.0.7 in beta now and I'm going to push it to production in the next few days which will correct the issue.

If you need more cloud space drop me a note.  Also use the "Copy" and not move function to copy remaining data.

Brad

Twice now, my data has been wiped on mobile. Its quite annoying, and from reading the reviews I can assume im not the only one with this problem. Is there any way to recover my data/prevent this issue in the future?

Get version 3.0.7 update I just published - it may not fix any items already corrupted but will prevent the issue in the future.

Brad

Back