• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cloud issue

yegnal

Apprentice
Reaction score
**** Error ****

When I try and open a cloud recipe, I get "recipe is currently open for editing on another computer - please try again later"

This occurred after beersmith crashed while editing this cloud recipe, question is how do I regain access to it.  It's a WeeHeavy currently in primary right now, soon to be moved to secondary and adding some oak cubes.....

The lock on the recipe will actually time out by itself in about an hour.  After that you can edit it again.

Brad

My brew area is just on the edge of my wifi coverage which is where I mostly use Beersmith.  I often try to print from that area and if it wifi is spotty Beersmith will lock up.  This of course should be expected.  My problem is that once this happens, i have to terminate Beersmith.  Once i terminate Beersmith, I cannot open the file for an hour.  This is very inconvenient on a brew day.  Is there no way to delete a lock file or something other that delay everything for an hour?

I copied the recipe to local and was able to open it

I print the brew steps just before brewday to capture any audibles just in case there?s a glitch with BeerSmith on brewday. I?ve yet to encounter a glitch but better safe than sorry.

I am working on a fix for this in the next update that will check the mod time of the recipe instead and warn you if you try to overwrite a file that was already modified.

Brad

**** Error ****

When I try and open a cloud recipe, I get "recipe is currently open for editing on another computer - please try again later"

This occurred after beersmith crashed while editing this cloud recipe, question is how do I regain access to it. It's a WeeHeavy currently in primary right now, soon to be moved to secondary and adding some oak cubes.....
This just happened to me today. I was able to open the recipe on my phone and close it without difficulty but the desktop version of Beersmith 3 version 3.2.8 refuses to open. I was able to copy the recipe from the cloud to my local recipes and work on it from there. I'm guessing that I will be able to open the cloud version on my desktop after an hour has expired. Brad, did you ever have time to address this issue?

Back