• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith3 for Mac launch error: 'can't find any recipe data in location...'

gimmeales

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey all, after just updating my Mac to Mojave beta build 10.14, Beersmith3 is launching with the following error message: 'Beersmith can't find any recipe data in the directory where it is installed...'  (also, why can't I copy-paste text out of dialog windows?)

I do still have BS2 installed and so guessing my files aren't migrated properly (BS3 was launching with some warning messages before), so I guess I need a doc or explanation how to migrate data and uninstall BS2.

Thanks in advance!
- Ryan

Usually that indicates that the Documents/BeerSmith3 folder was moved or deleted.  If the update changed your directory structure or user name structure this might explain it.

You may want to check if the director exists and is writable.

Brad

Thanks Brad!

Actually noticed my Documents folder is in iCloud (but wasn't downloaded locally). Once I downloaded it, all was good! Guessing it just couldn't access the files that were only in iCould.

Back