Author Topic: Recipe archive and Brew Log questions  (Read 1709 times)

Offline mr_beer

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
Recipe archive and Brew Log questions
« on: September 03, 2018, 06:16:16 AM »
The FAQ for BeerSmith 3 discusses the use of a Version number and then says use the Copy to Brew Log function 

I could not find the Copy to Brew Log action but then along the way I opened the Recipe Archive and noted recent recipes and associated edit actions.  The Recipe Archive actions seem to be determined by the settings in Options>>Advanced.

Could somebody advise how this works ...
Where is the Copy to Brew Log capability?
What folder is the archive data contained in and is that folder 'hidden'

It is obvious that I am missing something here so I need a little education.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 06:42:55 AM by mr_beer »

Offline Oginme

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Goats, guitars, and a home brew; Life is good!
    • Longvu LaManchas
Re: Recipe archive and Brew Log questions
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 07:35:08 AM »
I have attached a screen shot of the section where the 'copy to log' function is in the toolbar ribbon.  The 'copy to log' is highlighted in yellow.

The only event that I am aware of which cause a recipe to be 'archived' is opening, making a change and then exiting or saving the recipe. 

There is a 'recipe.bsmx' file which contains the recipe which contains your recipes.  There is also an archive index under the main Documents/BeerSmith3 folder.  I have never tried to find it myself and open it when in BeerSmith by clicking on 'recipes' > 'recipe archive', as you have already discovered.  Past files can also be found in your recipe'X'.bsmx files, where 'X' is a number.  I am not sure what causes the program to create these recipe archive files.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 10:05:19 AM by Oginme »
Recycle your grains, feed them to a goat!

modification