• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipe archive and Brew Log questions

mr_beer

Grandmaster Brewer
Master Brewer
Reaction score
The FAQ for BeerSmith 3 discusses the use of a Version number and then says use the Copy to Brew Log function 

I could not find the Copy to Brew Log action but then along the way I opened the Recipe Archive and noted recent recipes and associated edit actions.  The Recipe Archive actions seem to be determined by the settings in Options>>Advanced.

Could somebody advise how this works ...
Where is the Copy to Brew Log capability?
What folder is the archive data contained in and is that folder 'hidden'

It is obvious that I am missing something here so I need a little education.

Thanks in advance

I have attached a screen shot of the section where the 'copy to log' function is in the toolbar ribbon.  The 'copy to log' is highlighted in yellow.

The only event that I am aware of which cause a recipe to be 'archived' is opening, making a change and then exiting or saving the recipe. 

There is a 'recipe.bsmx' file which contains the recipe which contains your recipes.  There is also an archive index under the main Documents/BeerSmith3 folder.  I have never tried to find it myself and open it when in BeerSmith by clicking on 'recipes' > 'recipe archive', as you have already discovered.  Past files can also be found in your recipe'X'.bsmx files, where 'X' is a number.  I am not sure what causes the program to create these recipe archive files.

Attachments

• copy to log.JPG
    copy to log.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 365
Back