• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Vista 64 - Beersmith Brewing Program has stopped working...

NCBluesman

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm running Vista 64 on a Dell Latitude D620.  I'm in my trial period and was using the program just fine last evening.  I installed Quickbooks Pro 2009 plus I had a Windows Security Update performed sometime in the night.  This morning, I can start BeerSmith just fine, but when I try to open an existing recipe or create a new recipe I get "Beersmith Brewing Program has stopped working..."  Anything else works fine - I can open up the tools, lists edit them, etc.  But not a recipe.

I've tried uninstalling Beersmith and reinstalling it to no avail.  I love this program and hope that I can get this resolved.  Unfortunately, uninstalling QuickBooks or undoing Vista security updates is not an option. 

Try giving this patch a try - here's a zipped patch:
  http://beersmith.com/beersmith_patch.zip

Its a zipped version of the executable only, so you need to extract it and put it in your BeerSmith folder to replace the existing executable.

Cheers,
Brad

Thank you, Brad.  That solved the problem.  BTW - I love the program!  I'm a recent convert from a competing product.  The usability is excellent!  I have 10 days left on the trial, but will definitely become a paying customer.

Back