• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Batch Size

BurdoBrau

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I've noticed what may be a bug for the batch size calculation. With BeerSmith2, adjusting the batch size leads to automatic updates of the Post Boil volume to account for the volume difference, as well as some of the other parameters under the "Vols" tab. With BeerSmith3, this does not happen. Is this a bug or a "feature"?

Thanks,

Joe

Make sure you have the box for 'Calc Boil Vol' checked or the program will not update the preceding volume but default to the nominal values from the equipment profile.  Picture attached shows the box checked on the 'vols' tab.

Attachments

• volume tab.JPG
    volume tab.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 257
I thought of the same thing right after I posted. It was checked originally, after unchecking the box, saving, rechecking the box, saving, it now auto updates the post boil volume. It needed a bit of prodding but now seems to work.

Thanks!

Back