• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Anyone used or seen a BoilerMaker pot yet?

MaltLicker

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a BoilerMaker pot used?  I'd be curious what people thought of it as a mash tun or boiler?

They are wonderful. We have two 20 gal, and one has the false bottom. Love the design.

I just bought a 10gal BoilerMaker, it arrived quickly and looked great.  I haven't used it yet, but if it functions half as good as it looks, it should do well.  I am using it as a boiler only, no mashing in it.

I have a 10 gallon Boilermaker and it's great!  I really like the site glass.  It seems to come to a boil more quickly.  It's also really easy to clean.  Stuff just doesn't stick to it compared with the Megapot that I was using.

I would say that the hop screen doesn't work well for me.  You either need to be good with using hop bags for everything and whirlpool or plan on skipping the hop screen.

I wanted to clear this by John Blichmann before mentioning it, but... they are coming out with a new filtration device to replace the hop screen.  This will make the whole setup even better.

I was finally able to use my new 10 gal BoilerMaker on Monday - brewed an IPA... As I said in the last post, I am using as a Brew Pot only.  As Stadelman stated in the previous post, it did seem to boil more quickly and the site glass was really great!

I now want a second to use as a Mash vessel.  I would recommend to anyone interested.

JSherm

I have been using the 14 gallon Boiler Maker for a few months now. Great product! Expensive, but you pay for quality engineered products. Unfortunately I busted the thermometer adjusting it before reaching steady state. Again, love Blichmann products.

Back