• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Update from Beersmith Mobile 2.0 Lite to 3.0

bugac

Apprentice
Reaction score
I initially downloaded beersmith mobile 2.0 lite when it rolled out. Later, I upgraded to the paid full beersmith mobile 2.0. When I did that, all of the functions of beersmith 2.0 mobile were there but the startup screen still showed beersmith mobile 2.0 lite. It appears that is now affecting the update to beersmith 3.0 mobile and i'm unable to update. Any hints on updating or do i have to buy the beersmith app again. This is for IOS.

Beersmith 3 is not an update of BS2 ...it is a new product so you have to buy it.

Incorrect. There is a free upgrade for beersmith 2 mobile users to beersmith 3 mobile. It doesn't seem to work if you've done the in-app upgrade (which was at the same cost of buying bs2 in the app store but let you keep your data).

So we're still waiting to hear what the upgrade path is. It should not be a buy again scenario.

http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,18717.0.html

That link is about the desktop version, not the mobile version. There should be a free upgrade for full bs2 mobile users to bs3 mobile. Refer this thread:

http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=18736.0

The issue is that if you paid for a full version of bs2 mobile through the in-app upgrade in bs2 lite that this is not updating through the app store to bs3 mobile now, and the bs3 mobile must be paid through the app store (again). So people are being penalised for how they bought bs2 mobile, despite it being the same cost as the full version of bs2 that was in the app store before.

I haven't seen a single response about where we stand on this and would appreciate a clarification from Brad.

If you want some clarification, write directly to Brad at Beersmith at beersmith dot com with your questions.

Hi,
  Unfortunately I am not planning to update the lite version or the lite-in-app upgrade.  It was a difficult decision, but the work involved in maintaining so many mobile apps on so many platforms simply did not make sense as the lite version does not generate enough sales to cover the costs of maintaining it separately.

You can continue to use V2 on the lite platform or upgrade to V3 by getting the full mobile app.

Brad

Back