• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BrewSmith Brew Log

Jikel

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am a new user of the BrewSmith program and by no means a master brewer, although I do have some experience.

The program has me totally confused when it comes to tracking successive batches of the same recipe and the use, location and management of the Brew Log.  What is it, where is it, what format is it in, how do I add brews to it and the how do I view it.

The help files and articles I find are not helping me. Comments such as "save the recipe by selecting the save to log button" when I can not find such in the program just add to my confusion. Also "change the log location in preferences" and "don't worry if the folder does not exist, Brewsmith will create it for you" fail to help.  I did that creating a '2018 Brew Log' in preferences hoping that would help me locate it, all to no avail.

I am using a MacBook now, but also have the program installed on my Microsoft desktop. Is the log stored in such a location and format that it will be accessible by both?

Looking forward to some help with this before I lose what little hair I have left.

When you save the first recipe to the Brew Log it will be created. Until then it is non-existent. You'll find a bunch of articles and videos on BeerSmith.com to help you get used to the software. Specific questions are usually answered quickly here in the forum. There is a learning curve, but once you take the time to study the information it's well worth it.

Back