• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cloud Search

mr_beer

Grandmaster Brewer
Master Brewer
Reaction score
I am trying to do a Cloud Search using multiple search terms and have been unsuccessful.

In my example I wanted to have a Barley Wine style that used Cascade hops and had an ABV in excess of 9%.  My results were non-existent (a null set).

I understand it is an odd search but it is prompted by my surplus of Cascade hops in my freezer. 

What are the search terms used for the Cloud Search -- Name or Ingredients or ??

Any help would be appreciated. 

I may be wrong but it looks like the recipe cloud is searchable by recipe name and not ingredient or attributes like ABV.

I agree with Kevin. Recipe name or style seem to be the acceptable keys for the search.

Searches in the recipe cloud are not Boolean but purely text based.  As Kevin58 and Bob357 have stated, they are pretty much limited to recipe name and style and not ingredient based.  You can set the type of recipe (all-grain, partial mash, extract, wine, cider, mead) and the order of results parameters (such as ABV from highest or lowest or vice versa), but from that point, you would need to look at the results individually to determine if one or more of the recipe contain the specific ingredient(s) you are looking for.

To test it out, I searched for 'cascade' and received only those recipes with that term in the title.  When I searched for 'barleywine and cascade', I got a big fat nothing in the search results.  Searching for 'American barleywine' and sorting by %ABV from highest to lowest yielded some results but I needed to go through them one by one to find the two recipes which contained cascade hops.

Thanks to those who responded.

My view is that this is an area that might benefit from some enhancement and I will make a suggestion. 

Back