• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hornindal Kveik Yeast .bsmx

GigaFemto

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I have attached a .bsmx file for Omega Yeast's Hornindal Kveik, which isn't included in the BeerSmith Omega Yeast add-on. I haven't used this yeast yer, but it looks very interesting and I look forward to using it in an IPA next spring or summer. The description says:

A wonderfully unique Norwegian kveik from the farmstead of Terje Raftevold, Hornindal presents a tropical flavor and aroma of fresh pineapple, mango and tangerine, which complement fruit-forward hops. Add even more dimension to ?C? hops with a high fermentation temperature, intensifying aroma and fermentation speed. Ferments well at 90? F/32? C or higher.

--GF

Attachments

• Hornindal Kveik.bsmx
    1.7 KB · Views: 103
GigaFemto said:
I have attached a .bsmx file for Omega Yeast's Hornindal Kveik, which isn't included in the BeerSmith Omega Yeast add-on. I haven't used this yeast yet, but it looks very interesting and I look forward to using it ....

I'm not sure what your asking, but your post is a lot like showing an IG photo of a perfect place to vacation. I, and most people, haven't been there, either.

The answer is GO! Really, Try it and just have fun with it. Don't just use it for IPA, try a stout or fruit ale, too. Let your thoughts on flavor be the guide, like it should be with food.

I wasn't asking a question. I was offering a BeerSmith ingredient entry that isn't in the standard database or add-ons. You can download the file I attached, open it in BeerSmith, then cut and paste the yeast into your list of yeasts. I was just trying to do people a favor.

--GF

Back