• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

User name

Torbjo

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a Black Friday upgrade from Beersmith 2 to version 3, bying the Gold version. I received two emails, one of which contained my gift code. When I downloaded, installed and opened Beersmith 3, there was a link to activate it. This page displayed the device ID and asked for a user name and Password. I assume the Password is the gift code, but what is the user name? I have no idea what user name I used when I installed version 2 a couple of years ago.
The situation now is that I have bought an upgrade but cannot activate it. Please help!

Best regards,
Tore

BeerSmith 3 is tied to the cloud service. Your gift may include more than just the basic service. It was asking you to log into that service. Just create an account at beersmithrecipes.com. Then, when you open the cloud (view > cloud), you can add or change recipes, there.

Or it is your device wanting you to confirm who you are before allowing a transaction. My macbook will do that from time to time.

Thank you, brewfun, this solved my activation problem.  :)

Back