• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sulphur Springs Valley water profile

chuckc1

Apprentice
Reaction score
Good morning all,
Any home brewers in the Sulphur Springs Valley in Arizona have a water profile they would be willing to share? I live in Gleeson, AZ and I am trying to compile a water profile to know which salts I need to have on hand. I do not have a water kit but I have put the hints out for Christmas.
I tried approaching the water companies but that cannot help with the breakdown I requested. It is greatly appreciated if you can help.

It seems like more and more municipalities are only listing the federally mandated chemicals in their reports. Common mineral salts like sulfate and chloride are getting dropped from the reports.

Your best bet is to get a report from your own tap.

https://www.wardlab.com/BrewersKitOrder.php

It's only about $40. Doing one in summer and one in winter should show you if you have any major variations in the year.

The W-6 Household test is $35 and the W-5a Brewers Kit is $46.

lol... I just double checked and it turns out I still got it wrong. The brewers kit is $42 not $46.

Back