• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Conversion Extract -> All Grain

bsrodeo

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

the Prost! recipe from the cloud is shown as all grain recipe but when i open it
it show extracts iso grains. I tried to convert it multiple times to all-grain and also
set all-grain in the setup but it always remains an extract recipe. Anybody any idea
what i`m missing or doing wrong? Thanks a lot guys!

Did you download the recipe from the cloud onto your computer?  Once you do that, you can make any modifications you want to the recipe.

If you have done that already, make sure you are trying to edit the correct recipe on your computer.  Start by making sure the equipment profile is set up to perform mashing.  Several of the extract recipes have equipment profiles which do not have the mash steps set up to perform a mash.  Next, change the recipe type to 'all-grain' then convert the extract to base malt to complete the process. Make sure you save the recipe and I would recommend changing the name slightly to designate the converted recipe from the old one.  That you you can compare the specs from the old recipe to your new one to make sure the targets are correct.

Back