• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

grain addition problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeman

Apprentice
Reaction score
I've used BeerSmith for many years, but in BS3, on some recipes, with all factors being equal,  my EOGs don't change when adding additional amounts.  At first, I deleted only the grain amount and re-added it to solve the problem.  Now there are no changes of EOGs.  Any ideas??

Not enough information to go on and be specific.  If you can export the recipe as a .bsmx file and attach it to this thread, we can look at it to see what is going on.

You can export it by clicking highlighting the file and clicking on 'file' > 'export selected'

I'm super confused about your setup here. You've got it listed as an extract setup (one problem) listed as adding 10lbs of grain in a 3g kettle meaning that you'll need to collect 2.3g of 1.113 wort which would be impressive to say the least.

If I increase the grain, it increases the EOG for me. but i think some of your issues are in your equipment setup?

What are you using as a mash tun? are you BIAB? If so, you're overflowing your 3g pot with mash seeing as you need 3.9g of space for the mash alone.

Did you mean to add 10lbs of Malt Extract?

If you ate making a recipe either all grain or partial mash, then the calculations are different than just making an extrac5 recipe.  The yield on the grains will be calculated for steeping and not mashing.  This will throw your estimated numbers way off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back