• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Worth Chiller???

JeErPete

Apprentice
Reaction score

Any idea what is meant by this? Seems like it should be a spelling mistake, but a worth chiller (boil 15 min) in a recipe makes no sense to me. Otherwise, I'd like to brew this Kentucky Bourbon Ale.

It is probably meant to be a 'wort chiller' which someone has put into misc items in order to set a reminder to place it into the wort at 15 minutes before the end of the boil to sanitize it.

It's just someone's typo but its a really good idea. You can create your own custom steps and this person didn't want to forget to put their wort chiller in the boil kettle at the the last 15 minutes to sanitize it. I have a similar step in my profile along with reminders to add Whirfloc and yeast nutrient. These show up in your timer on brew day and are a handy reminder so that you don't miss crucial steps.

Thanks, yeah that makes sense. I just put my wort chiller in my bucket of sanitizer so I never thought of that.

Back