• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can I get some help with my 1st yeast starter, please?

I went on vacation, and just got back, Hope this all went well!

as far as this goes:

"Some day, I'll be where you are, or at least close. Kids in school, brewing out of the kitchen, garage being used for storage, concrete foundation has an RV on it instead of a workshop...but that'll change in a few years. Meanwhile, it's low-budget kitchen brewing for me. I'm patient, though."

I'm a divorced mechanic who's now in a great relationship, no kids yet, but soon, and I've got a brewery in my basement i've built from scratch over MANY years! We're currently spending all our money paying off the ladys 300K in student loans, so anything i do is on the cheap! Recently came across a 3X 1/2 barrel kegerator for $150 so i'm rehabbing that, but it'll be awesome when its done!

oh, and we live in a 1200sqft house with a 1 car garage, and share the car between the two of us! It's all about making it work :)

Hey!  There is nothing wrong with brewing in the kitchen.  It is where I do the majority of my brewing.  In fact when our last gas stove fried the electronics, I went with SWMBO to pick out a replacement that had a high output burner sufficient enough to continue brewing.  She can't complain too much, some of the downtime is spent cleaning the kitchen and it usually cleaner when I finish brewing than when I started. 

Back