• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

copying recipes in BS

Reaction score
Hi, i use BS3 and love it! i have multiple fermenters, but for this question, i have a 3.5 gallon and a 7 gallon fermenter. i made a recipe a while back for my 3.5 gallon fermenter and have it saved in a file for my "brewed recipes". i want to brew it again, but a bigger batch. I want to create a new recipe, and import that recipe so i can scale it to my larger fermenter. how do i do that? i don't want to change the 3.5 gal recipe in my files b/c i have my stats and notes from that brew session...etc. plus, i may want to brew up a smaller batch of it in the future. does that make sense? or should i just take the time to type everything in again and start from scratch for my alternate equipment?

thanks

wellertheseller

Open the recipe. Click Save and then Save As. A box will pop up and ask if you want to rename the recipe, Click yes and give it a new name. Open the new recipe and scale it. You can copy and past to a different folder if you want.

thanks....that worked great. i was afraid to tinker around with it for fear of losing my recipe.

Back