Author Topic: recipe formulation-some grain and sugars not in Beersmith  (Read 7258 times)

strutnakid

recipe formulation-some grain and sugars not in Beersmith
« on: January 12, 2009, 08:21:21 PM »
Hi,
ive had beersmith for a while and had issues with my computer and couldnt use it. i now have a new computer and have been playing around with the software. i ran into couple of problems though and am looking for advice. some grains are not in the software (naked golden oats and some others i cant recall off hand).

How do i use the software with grains that arent listed? i assume i can add them manually but where do i get whatever info id need to plug in?

Also i was looking to make a cyser or cider and cant find apple juice listed. same for various other juices and fruits. how would i use them as well?

thanks,

john

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: recipe formulation-some grain and sugars not in Beersmith
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 06:03:12 AM »
Hi,
  To add new grains just click on the grain view (views menu) and then click on the "Add" button on the toolbar to add a new grain record.

I believe many juices and fruits are available as an add-on here:
   http://www.beersmith.com/support.htm  -- take a look at the right column for additional grains

Cheers,
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

strutnakid

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 10:44:15 AM »
Thanks! how do i account for apple juice/cider when making a hard cider or cyser?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 04:00:20 PM by strutnakid »

Offline bmckee56

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 10:48:32 AM »
Hi,
  To add new grains just click on the grain view (views menu) and then click on the "Add" button on the toolbar to add a new grain record.

I believe many juices and fruits are available as an add-on here:
   http://www.beersmith.com/support.htm  -- take a look at the right column for additional grains

Cheers,
Brad
I just found this thread and am very glad I did.  I asked for information similar to what was asked above at HomeBrewTalk.com but got no response from anyone as yet.  I wanted to add several ingredients over the weekend but was unsure how to do it properly.  Thanks for the information.

P.S.  Ever consider a WineSmith Software package?

Salute!   :)

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 04:54:54 PM »
Hi,
  Yes I have thought about doing a wine application, but at the moment I'm consumed with completing BeerSmith 2.0 - which is a fairly large rewrite of the program and underlying framework.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

strutnakid

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 09:36:36 PM »
"To add new grains just click on the grain view (views menu) and then click on the "Add" button on the toolbar to add a new grain record."
Where do we get  the info for various graind when adding them? im specifically looking to use raw oats and wheat.

And same if i want to add apple or other fruit juices.

modification