• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

recipe formulation-some grain and sugars not in Beersmith

S

strutnakid

Hi,
ive had beersmith for a while and had issues with my computer and couldnt use it. i now have a new computer and have been playing around with the software. i ran into couple of problems though and am looking for advice. some grains are not in the software (naked golden oats and some others i cant recall off hand).

How do i use the software with grains that arent listed? i assume i can add them manually but where do i get whatever info id need to plug in?

Also i was looking to make a cyser or cider and cant find apple juice listed. same for various other juices and fruits. how would i use them as well?

thanks,

john

Hi,
  To add new grains just click on the grain view (views menu) and then click on the "Add" button on the toolbar to add a new grain record.

I believe many juices and fruits are available as an add-on here:
  http://www.beersmith.com/support.htm  -- take a look at the right column for additional grains

Cheers,
Brad

Thanks! how do i account for apple juice/cider when making a hard cider or cyser?

BeerSmith said:
Hi,
  To add new grains just click on the grain view (views menu) and then click on the "Add" button on the toolbar to add a new grain record.

I believe many juices and fruits are available as an add-on here:
   http://www.beersmith.com/support.htm  -- take a look at the right column for additional grains

Cheers,
Brad
I just found this thread and am very glad I did.  I asked for information similar to what was asked above at HomeBrewTalk.com but got no response from anyone as yet.  I wanted to add several ingredients over the weekend but was unsure how to do it properly.  Thanks for the information.

P.S.  Ever consider a WineSmith Software package?

Salute!  :)

Hi,
  Yes I have thought about doing a wine application, but at the moment I'm consumed with completing BeerSmith 2.0 - which is a fairly large rewrite of the program and underlying framework.

Brad

"To add new grains just click on the grain view (views menu) and then click on the "Add" button on the toolbar to add a new grain record."
Where do we get  the info for various graind when adding them? im specifically looking to use raw oats and wheat.

And same if i want to add apple or other fruit juices.

Back