• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

I have a 54 Qt Cooler and Beermsith Only Calculates 48!

C

cdhiles

Well, the title says it all. I have Beersmtih 1.4. In the equipment set-up section, they only list a 48 qt cooler (mashtun) as part of the equipment list.. and I have a 54 qt cooler... I have Beersmith set-up to use the 48 qt cooler set-up, but my question is, do I have to worry about any errors in my Beermsith calculations (Temps, efficiency, etc) because of the difference in cooler sizes?

thanks
Chris

cdhiles said:
Well, the title says it all. I have Beersmtih 1.4. In the equipment set-up section, they only list a 48 qt cooler (mashtun) as part of the equipment list.. and I have a 54 qt cooler... I have Beersmith set-up to use the 48 qt cooler set-up, but my question is, do I have to worry about any errors in my Beermsith calculations (Temps, efficiency, etc) because of the difference in cooler sizes?

thanks
Chris

When you are in Beersmith's, "Equipment" View, click on the name of the profile you are using.  (Many of us copy the profile that is closest to our equipment profile, rename it and then change that new profile to fit our need.)  You will now see some areas where you can change the data to describe your equipment.  The, "Mash Tun  Volume, Mash Tune Weight and Lauter Tun Deadspace" are probably the ones you are most interested in changing.

Good luck.

Back