• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Carbon dioxide for Corny Kegs

Keysworth

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am about to start using a Corny for bitter and reading up on CO2. To date I had assumed that it was just CO2, but when I went along to my local supplier he asked what % mix I wanted with Nitrogen! Do I need a mixture or should I be looking at just CO2, and if a mixture is required, when you use a Sodastream connector and bottle, are we saying that there is a mixture in there?....can't see on side of bottle. I am sure that this question to the experienced members may sound basic, but for any of us newbies out there...any feedback or direction appreciated.
(The mixture in question was 30/70 CO2 Nitrogen for bitter and Guinness or 60/40 for lager / cider)....cheers

A mix of CO2 and Nitrogen is used for stout faucets. If you are not doing nitro served beer then you simply want a standard CO2 tank.

Back