• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What Happended to my Recipe

Trev-P

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I record my Hydrometer readings in the notes of the Brew recipe.

Last night I updated the notes.

Wanting to double check my next steps, I went into the recipe this morning and EVERYTHING has, but the for the Water and the Mash Acid, hops, fermentable, yeast, water minerals, session recordings and NOTES ALL GONE :(

It looks like a new blank design :(

The recipe is stored on the Cloud.

This is also the second time this has happened to me.

Am I doing something wrong with Beersmith 3 ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Trev

First, help me with your storage.  Are you working on the BeerSmith recipe cloud or your personal cloud storage?  This makes a huge difference, and BeerSmith runs through a number of archival updates when closing that do not function well with standard cloud storage. 

Next, make sure that you did not save your updates to the local drive and not the cloud version of the recipe.  I admittedly do not work much with the recipe cloud, but when I have it usually has me download a copy of the recipe to work with and that is stored locally on my hard drive.

Hi Oginme

I no longer store anything locally any more, as I lost all my recipe's during a computer rebuild.

Note I am still fairly new to Beersmith 3.

I now only use the "Cloud" in the Favorites section, and then double click the name of the recipe I am working with. From what I can tell, this appears to be editing directly on the cloud, I cannot see anything downloaded locally to my PC.

Wait, Hang on,

While looking around, I have just found the old recipe in the Archive folder, with my latest notes on it and managed to recover it.

Still not sure why I lost it in the first place, but I have it back now, so thanks for getting back to me.

Trev

Back