• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

kegerator

robininski

Brewer
Reaction score
Side mounting  faucets vs. door mounting. Pros and cons. What types of refrigerators are more easily tapped from the side?

Neither. I prefer to use a picnic tap on a short length of hose. This is left in the refer where it stays cold. Any tap that is exposed to room temperature 24/7 will grow "green festoons".  :(

If you are having a party and expect a lot of pours then you might figure out a way to run the hose out past the door seal. I just draw a pitcher since the Keg Refer is not where we party.

Doug

feistycapn said:
Neither. I prefer to use a picnic tap on a short length of hose. This is left in the refer where it stays cold. Any tap that is exposed to room temperature 24/7 will grow "green festoons".  :(

If you are having a party and expect a lot of pours then you might figure out a way to run the hose out past the door seal. I just draw a pitcher since the Keg Refer is not where we party.

Doug
Attached is a image of a done deal. IT IS AWSOME.
I don't think you knew what we were talking about. I

Attachments

• DSCF0099.JPG
    DSCF0099.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 17
Back