• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith2 - Copying mac config to ubuntu, segmentation fault

• Thread starter kleinka@gmail.com
  • Start date
K

kleinka@gmail.com

After reading other threads, it seems I should be able to copy my BeerSmith2 files from one installation to another to get my equipment, inventory, recipes, etc. effortlessly. I am moving my software from a mac to ubuntu. When I started up beersmith2 on the ubuntu  machine the first time, it worked fine. Imade a backup of the .beersmith2 directory. I then exited, copied over my mac Documents/BeerSmith2 into ~/.beersmith2. Next time I tried to start up I got a segmentation fault. I deleted .beersmith2, re-started, re-entered the key and it started fine. I shut it down, then copied just Equipment.bsmx over from the mac files, segmentation fault again. When I copied Equipment.bsmx from the ubuntu backup into the .beersmith2 directory I still get a segmentation fault. Is there anyway to update my config and recipes on a ubuntu copy of beersmith2 from a mac copy?

thanks,
Kari

Back