• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Inline vs Taprite and Micromatic

Optimus Prime

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am upgrading my starter equipment. I want to control two separate keg pressures now, and will want to upgrade to a third keg around Christmas next year...the third will be for small batch experimentation, sodas or just plain soda water when not used for something else...

I am stuck between Taprite and Micromatic with multiple regulators and whether or not to use the plastic inline regulators past a primary. May I have your thoughts and experiences? I need to place my order by end of day Tuesday so I?m set for Thanksgiving dinner.

If you settle on the mini regulators, be sure to get a pressure gauge too. I think the in line minis are a pretty neat product and give you more versatility.

I pulled the trigger on a dual guage Micro-Matic primary...their support team went above and beyond answering my questions today, and it was only a couple dollars more than the TapRite.

I'll likely get a few of the plastic secondary regulators to play with, but I also just found the Gov Reg secondaries...these relay seem like a long-term worthwhile investment, and require no extra space in the fridge...

https://govreg.us/shop?olsPage=products%2Fxn-gov-reghomebrew-starter-kit-z0a3770w

Optimus Prime said:
I pulled the trigger on a dual guage Micro-Matic primary...their support team went above and beyond answering my questions today, and it was only a couple dollars more than the TapRite.

I'll likely get a few of the plastic secondary regulators to play with, but I also just found the Gov Reg secondaries...these relay seem like a long-term worthwhile investment, and require no extra space in the fridge...

https://govreg.us/shop?olsPage=products%2Fxn-gov-reghomebrew-starter-kit-z0a3770w
very cool!

Back