• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BS 3 deleted a recipe

suprchunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
So I just copied a recipe from my cloud storage to a local folder. Looked to go okay and then it shut down, though it was supposedly still occupying memory, and both the cloud copy and the local copy are gone. Tried a restore, no go. On windows 10, up to date...

Where is it?

The best way to get a response from Brad is to write to him directly.  His contact information can be found on the main BeerSmith web site. 

FWIW I?ve had it happen to me as well. In fact I?ve had recipes and entire folders disappear. It sux when that happens.

I have had that happen when I left my computer on overnight with BeerSmith running.  Microsoft ran an update and *bing* recip folders went missing.  I followed the restore procedure Brad has outlined in his blog to get them back.  The next time microsoft warned of an update, I backed up everything and let BeerSmith running.  Problem duplicated itself.

So now I close BeerSmith when not actively using it and have set Microsoft windows to update only at midnight.

I have not had a problem since then.

Thanks Oginme for your post and comments about windows updates.

I recently lost a bunch of folder/recipes(and who knows what else).  I think I got them back from the backup archive.

I do notice there are times after a windows update beersmiths complains about another copy of beersmith still running when I restart it.  Going to start closing beersmith when I am not actively using it.

Back