• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Moving Folders

TwoThings

Apprentice
Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to move entire folders.  I want put one folder inside of another and  make it carry the recipes with it.  Any ideas?

Highlight the folder you want to move and click the Copy or Cut icon. Open the destination folder and then click the Paste icon. Done. 

BOB357 said:
Highlight the folder you want to move and click the Copy or Cut icon. Open the destination folder and then click the Paste icon. Done.

Doesn't work.  I have tried that.  I click the folder I want to move, and then the CUT PASTE goes grey. I can't even drag and drop...  I checked for updates and I have the latest BS3.

I've just finished moving several folders using the procedure I posted and all moves were successful. I'm sure Oginme has been successful using his procedure as well. What OS are you using? I know the mobile version has some limitations. Not sure if this is one of them. What folder are you trying to move?

To drag and drop, you can click on the folder or file in the main screen and then drag it to the file ladder on the left.  Pictures show the move of my "New Recipes" folder from the main "My Recipes" folder to the "Brew Log" folder.  Pictures below show the movement.

Attachments

• InkedBS3 File moving_LI.jpg
    InkedBS3 File moving_LI.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 321
  • InkedBS3 Moved File_LI.jpg
    InkedBS3 Moved File_LI.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 352
Oginme said:
To drag and drop, you can click on the folder or file in the main screen and then drag it to the file ladder on the left.  Pictures show the move of my "New Recipes" folder from the main "My Recipes" folder to the "Brew Log" folder.  Pictures below show the movement.

See this is why you are all the best.  Thank you for helping me out.  I was trying to drag and drop in just the main folder listing.  Once I tried dragging from the secondary window, I was good.  THANK YOU!

omg. I am glad this answer is here. seriously why can't you drag a folder within the recipe tree?

You should be able to drag/drop on the PC but it does not work on the Mac. You can do it with copy/paste or cut/paste anywhere though.

Back