• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Save my Home Ingredients

yatsk7b9

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to save my ingredients in BeerSmith? I have purchased a bunch of things, and rather than remember what I have in a separate book, I could enter the data into BeerSmith. This would then allow the software to subtract from your inventory when you brew something.

From the top menu, select 'Recipes' > 'Inventory' and this will open up your current inventory of ingredients (everything).  You can select along the ribbon menu to add hops, fermentable, yeast, misc, and even water which will bring up the profiles for that category.  Start typing the name in the search box and your list will pare down based upon your entry to a limited number of ingredients.  You can select the one that you want as soon as it appears on the screen, enter the amount you purchased and the cost per unit and then select 'OK to save it to your inventory.

Now when you use that item in your recipe, you can hit the 'remove inventory' button to have the program deduct the recipe amount from your inventory. 

That is some great insight. Thank you. I will go and do this.

Back