• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewsmith 3 unstable in linux

wrknight

Apprentice
Reaction score
Beersmith3 has a number of problems running on my Ubuntu 18.04 linux platform.  First is the frequently reported "You may have another copy running" problem that is a nuisance, but does not seem to interfere with loading the application.

Second is the program's refusal to activate.  When pressing the "Final Activation" button, it simply closes the popup and then pops up again. 

Third, and more serious, is that it crashes when I try to print a recipe. I was told by someone that it was probably a printer driver problem, but I tried printing to a file (pdf), but it continues to crash, so it's not a printer driver problem.

If I can't print my results, the program is no good to me. :'(

This is late but maybe it will help... My work around for the printer crashing is to do print preview, then I am able to print without the crash.

Back