• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't download recipes

cowboy up

Brewer
Reaction score
First off I am pretty illiterate when come to using the computer. Probably more dangerous than not with it. My question is how come I cannot download recipes from the Beer Smith Web sight? When I try to I get a window that says something like my computer cannot find a file for this format. It won't let me download a BSM file. My computer is new and I have the Vistas Premium operating system. I went on line to download software for the BSM files and when I tried a window came up saying my computer has a 64 bit something or another and the BSM files require a 32 bit something or another. Any suggestion??  ??? Thanks, Cowboy Up!!

Hi,
  Try downloading the BSM file and then open up BeerSmith and use the "Import" command on the "File" menu to open the file.  Once its opened, copy/paste any recipes you want to keep into your "My Recipes" folder or a subfolder.

Cheers,
Brad

Thanks Brad. I did what you suggested and I was able to download the recipes into my Beer Smith program. You have a great program and web sight that is invaluable to home brewers. Worth every penny. Thanks again and keep up the great work!!  Cowboy Up!!    :)

Back