• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

grain crushers

WaynesWorld

Apprentice
Reaction score
I realize that this site has a special going on now for the "Barley Crusher" but I was
also considering the Schmidling grain crusher.  Anybody have any pros or cons
on these or other grain crushers to consider or stay away from?
-Wayne

WaynesWorld said:
I realize that this site has a special going on now for the "Barley Crusher" but I was
-Wayne

Although I did not purchase it through this site, I did pick up a Barley Crusher.  I love it.

I also have the Barley Crusher, and one factor for me was that the BC comes with the board and the hopper.  Many others do not, and I did not want to have to build out those pieces. 

The BC also has adjustable rollers, and some other models do not. 

-Wayne

Wayne, I have the JSP non-adjustable maltmill and think it is fantastic.  I got it after my first batch and never looked back.  Being able to grind well when you want it awesome.  That was how I got into making my own recipes.  I'd just get the 5lb bag of anything semi-regularly used and have it on hand for plug into my brew.

Back