• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Add-On function problem

Douglas Wilde

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi all. A question for the Beer Smith 3 experts: I have selected what I need in 'Add-Ons', but I can't seem to get those loaded into the fermentable's drop-down box. I can't find a tutorial about it either. Can anyone please advise? Many thanks.

If you click on the add-on on the left pane and then click 'install' you should then get a pop up which states that this has been installed. 

If you are accessing the fermentables list within a recipe, make sure that the box at the top labeled 'show only items in inventory' is not checked. 

I have seen this posted quite a bit lately on other forums and not sure if it is one or a few people having an issue or if there is something blocking their version of BeerSmith from accessing the add-ons.  I have been able to install and uninstall several add-ons successfully the past couple of days to test it and have had no troubles with the new items showing up.  Given this, I suspect it is either the setting referenced above or a local machine issue.

Back